There are always new reality shows and celebrity gossip readily available for an entertainment fix. But this summer, you can explore some other avenues of entertainment and get some culture in your life while doing it. Check out my summer reading list as well as some other ideas that might get your creative juices flowing.
1) The Best of Everything-Kimberla Lawson Roby
2) Up to No Good- Carl Weber
3) The Company We Keep- Mary Monroe
4) The Hood Life- Meesha Mink and De’Nesha Diamond
5) Hittin’ the Bricks-Noire
1) This Child Will be Great: Memoir of a Remarkable Life by Africa’s First Woman President-Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Kim McLarin
2) Through it All: Reflections on My Life, My Family and My Faith-Christine King Farris
3) A Piece of Cake: A Memoir- Cupcake Brown
4) Gal: A True Life- Ruthie Mae Bolton
5) Letters to a Young Sister-Hill Harper
Christian Fiction- Top Pick
Up at the College- Michele Andrea Bowen
Continue reading here.